Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thank You Friends

This is Ashleigh and the boys in the spring of 1989. She loved and still loves "my boys" as she always called them.

I have mentioned previously on this blog that I debated for a long, long time about doing it. I know that writing Ashleigh's story is definitely a good thing, but, my concern was... doing it so publicly, is that a good thing? Yet, I continue to type away, and when I come to the point where I have to click on "publish post"... I do.

I appreciate the comments that I have received from my friends and family. Not just in the comment section, but the ones I have received through e-mails, facebook, notes, and even comments made to me personally. These kind words tell me that this is a "good thing" and that I should continue.

I wish I had unlimited time to write on this blog... but I don't. I am busy just like everyone else and blogging is just one of the things I enjoy to do in my "down time". I am currently writing a post about our experiences at Primary Children's Medical Center, and I have a few other posts already on the schedule as well, with more to come. I have also asked five people to be "guest bloggers" on this blog, three of them are "Ashleigh's boys" who have each consented to share their memories of their little sister, and equally as important, the impact this experience has had in their lives. I am really looking forward to reading what they have to share. The other two are Ashleigh's daddy (who enjoys reading both of my blogs, but doesn't comment or write, but has consented to do so) and Ashleigh's sister Caitlin. Although Caitlin was born 18 months (to the day) after Ashleigh died, she knows and loves her sister.

So off to work I go, and hopefully I will get a little "down time" later. We'll see.

No comments: